I am excited to say for the first time in over 2 months, “I’ll see you next week…in person!”
OUR CLASS SCHEDULE
On Monday and Tuesday of next week, we will host 4 outdoor classes each day at SciCoh in lieu of any and all zoom classes for those days (except for legends). Class times on Monday and Tuesday at SciCoh are:
6:30AM, 8:30AM, Noon, and 5PM
The remainder of the week will be back on Zoom at the typical times.
WHAT KIND OF WORKOUT TO EXPECT (WITH A MASK ON)
Monday and Tuesday classes are about two things…hope and community.
We miss you. You miss each other. And now for at least a brief moment, we can safely and legally share in our love for fitness together! It’s been too damn long.
I will be very honest – it will be a fun TEAM WORKOUT 🙂 but it won’t be incredibly intense.
Everyone is required to wear masks according to state regulations…even during the workout. The Cohasset Health Agent agreed with my safety concerns around wearing masks while exercising with any kind of intensity, but towns can’t go against state requirements. Side note: I’m part of a coalition of 200 gyms that is pushing on this among other things 🙂
Fear not, I’ll program in a way that allows us to still be together, safely, and get in a fun, worthwhile workout. AAAAND the Health Agent helped me with a plan that I’ll share in class.
I chose Monday and Tuesday specifically next week because temps are in the 60s.
As the regulations evolve, so too will our plan for more frequent outdoor classes and a potential equipment recall.
SIGNING UP FOR CLASS PROTOCOL
State regulations limit outdoor class sizes to 9 people plus the Coach. To ensure every single member has a shot to attend a class, we created the following protocol.
- Using your phone app, sign up for one class TOTAL out of Monday and Tuesday.
- It’ll be the same team workout both days, so it won’t make sense to go to more than one class anyway.
- If there is a class you want that is already booked, feel free to add yourself to the waitlist and you will be notified via email if someone pulls out.
- When you sign up, please make it a priority to attend. Life happens sometimes, so if you know you can’t make it, please cancel your reservation ASAP so someone else can fill your spot.
- 8 classes across 2 days is 72 spots, which is currently more than the number of members we have L, so everyone should have an opportunity if they want it!
DAY OF CLASS PROTOCOL
There are very specific guidelines we have in place to keep everyone safe and adhere to state safety standards.
- Use the bathroom before you leave your house. I specifically asked about allowing folks to go inside for that and was told no.
- Bring a mask. Unfortunately we don’t have extra and you can’t participate without one.
- If you borrowed a DB or KB from the gym, bring it with you…don’t worry, you can take it home when you leave!
- Bring your own water bottle and if you have it, a yoga mat.
- Show up to class at least 5 minutes early. Once again, I know life happens but I can’t guarantee if or when we can accommodate you if you are late to class. There are safety checks we must do when you arrive that will be challenging for a Coach to execute once class starts.
- There will be a temperature check station at the entry between the red container and the fence post. If another member isn’t already there, then pop your mask on and head on over so a Coach can take your temperature with our non-contact thermometer. If another member is there, just hang out by your car until they are through.
- Note: If you have a temperature of 100.4 or above we are required to send you back for a home workout 🙁
- Once you pass the temp check station, you will go straight to a work station out back where you will stay for the remainder of class. Bring your water bottle and anything else you brought with you to that station.
We will have another amazing video out this weekend (rumor has it Laura and a onesie are involved) to go over all the specifics.
I can’t wait to see you all. It’s been a long time coming.