SciCoh’s second Member Monday is Captain Ken Fulton! So glad to have Ken as part of our SciCoh Family.
1. Tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a pilot for a commercial airline and I’m based out of Logan. I grew up in Norwell and went to college in upstate New York, where I rowed crew and met my wife. After college we moved around a bit, spending several years in Cincinnati. I now live in Scituate with my wife and three boys.
2. Tell us your CrossFit story (where were you before SciCoh and where are you now?)
Prior to joining SciCoh CrossFit I was a member over at the YMCA in Hanover. While I liked the facility, it was difficult to find a consistent routine.
3. What does being part of SciCoh community mean to you?
During college I loved the crew workouts and was, without a doubt, in the best physical condition of my life. After college, I missed the structure, intensity and sense of team. The crossfit program is the closest I’ve come to replicating that experience.
4. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
I’d say I’m most exited that my overall fitness level is higher than it’s been in several years. I play in a men’s lacrosse group, and my stamina is much higher than it had been pre crossfit.
5. What are your challenges and goals going forward?
My challenge through the spring will be balancing my kids sports schedule with work and my fitness routine. Double unders still give me trouble. I’d like to get this mastered!
6. If you could have any job besides the one you have, what would it be and why?
Greeter at the top of Vail in CO. Who doesn’t want to get paid to ski? If that doesn’t pan out, I could crew on an Americas Cup boat.