The situation around COVID-19 including school closures (just announced 2 weeks locally) is constantly updating, so I wanted to address our plans to keep you fit regardless if you are within our four walls or not.
BUT FIRST…LET’S ACKNOWLEDGE BRIGHT SPOTS WITHING THE CHAOS
I know the coronavirus is creating a lot of chaos, but there are many bright spots. Here are just a few:
No. 1: You’ve prioritized your health and fitness. You’ve done everything you can to prepare for anything. You’re strong and healthy, and you have an iron will earned through training. That virus is going t have a fight on its hands if it runs into you.
No. 2: We’ve had time to prepare. While gyms in Italy and Denmark have been shut down, we’ve had time to plan. We are very prepared to help you stay fit as governments work to manage the pandemic.
No. 3: Spring is on the way, and we’ll be able to use large, well ventilated outside spaces soon.
No. 4: We’re talking to the best gym owners and business mentors daily to learn how we can serve you best right now. We know people around the world, and as a member of SciCoh, you’ll benefit from that. You can expect a world-class response to the coronavirus. Read on.
OUR PLANS TO KEEP YOU FIT
There are 2 possibilities we’ve planned for:
- The gym has to close for a period of time whether it be by government mandate as in other areas or for safety precautions.
- Some of you may feel more comfortable or have to stay home due to high-risk situations (e.g. family members have respiratory issues) or because kids are not in school.
It would be easy to use either situation as an excuse to slack on our eating and lose motivation to move.
Good news for you is we won’t let that happen. You don’t pay us for gym access, you pay us for Coaching, programming, accountability, and community.
We will continue to deliver these without interruption by leveraging technology.
- PROGRAMMING/CoachING – I will program home versions of every single workout until further notice. It will only assume you have access to a single DB or KB.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – I will create a new daily class on the schedule called “Home Workout.” I want you to check in to that class if you complete a workout at home. That will help us keep you accountable…if you don’t check in…you are getting contacted by us to get you moving J
- CoachING/COMMUNITY – I will create the option of a virtual class (see below) for all those choosing to only work out from home for the near future.
INTRODUCING VIRTUAL CLASSES VIA ZOOM…IF NEEDED
In the event that we have to close down or we have members interested in “Zooming” in to be part of class while they need to be at home only for a few weeks, we will launch virtual classes.
Here’s how it works:
- If there is demand for zooming in, I will create a separate ZOOM CROSSFIT class for each time slot.
- Check-in to that class so we know to hook up.
- You will set up a computer, ipad, or phone (something with video) and click this link https://zoom.us/j/3744234420.
- All those that join (Coach and members) will be able to see each other. This allows we Coaches to Coach you but also allows you to be part of the community!
ACTION REQUIRED FROM YOU IF YOU DECIDE TO/HAVE TO WORKOUT FROM HOME ONLY
- Let me know. I hope this is the minority, but do what you need to do.
- Let me know if you’d like to zoom in and I’ll set up zoom check ins. I’d really love for you to do that!
- Buy a kettlebell or set of dumbbells. Choose a weight you can rep in a conditioning workout.
- Create a space to workout where you can setup your phone, computer, ipad. An 8×8 space typically will do the trick.
- Check-in to the zoom class if zooming for from home class if not.
- Click this link if you want to zoom: https://zoom.us/j/3744234420
OUR FIRST VIRTUAL CLASS TRIAL….
As a way to try out the virtual class we will do ZOOM AT NOON next Tuesday. Simply check-in to the class so I know you are coming, setup your video, and click this zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/3744234420
See you soon (virtually or otherwise)!