Good habits start early.
Athletic or not, kids have fun, build confidence, and form the right habits.
Many sports, camps, activities, and even in-person classes are cancelled this year for kids. These lack of activities make it hard for kids to get the physical activity and (safe) socialization they need.
Our Fit & Fun Youth programs are here to help!
Our programs are designed for kids 7-18 as a fun, safe, and engaging way to introduce and/or enhance fitness and socialize safely with other kids…and no, they don’t have to be athletes!
Our 45 minute classes are broken up by age into Kids (7-9), Middies (10-13), and Teens (14-18). Each of these classes focus on similar core components of fitness and exercise but are taught to each group in a dynamic and fun setting that is age appropriate.
We strictly adhere to the protocols AND social distancing standards set out by both the CDC and the state/local Board of Health.
We outline these procedures here.
we also customize sessions
for pods & private groups
Our kids classes always have the same 4 parts: Warm-Up, Skill Practice, Workout, & Game. This proves to be the perfect combination of learning, development, and fun.
They’ll begin to learn higher skill movements that will build the foundation of athleticism. As they progress we may even introduce very basic strength movements depending on age and ability.
Regardless of the age, every youth athlete will be safe and have an amazing time!
Our middies classes incorporate the same sort of structure as our kids classes except we are typically able to work on a broader range of movements and exercises.
We start by teaching them how to properly do foundational movements like body weight squats, push ups, and sit ups. As they prove motor control, we evolve into more advanced movements that may incorporate lighter weights like kettlebells, dumbbells, and even training bars.
What we do really depends on the individual, but regardless they will have fun, get fit, and want to come back for more.
Our teens focus more on strength and conditioning while still working on proper movement, endurance, and other highly functional skills.
While some of our teens have a strong background in athletics some do not and we welcome both!
The physical gains our teens make are amazing, but its the confidence that comes with them that we love.
In addition to our teens classes, we frequently work with individuals and small groups of teens. Just let us know your interest and we can make it happen.
our covid-19 safety protocols
- We clean and disinfect the entire gym and all equipment both before and after class.
- All coaches and athletes must enter the gym with mask on and have temperature taken with touchless thermometer. If anyone has a temperature at or above 100.4 they will be sent home.
- All athletes wash hands upon entry and then proceed to their own designated, marked off area, that is 14 feet away from other work stations.
- Once an athlete is at his/her station, they may remove masks and clean equipment as a precaution.
- If an athlete ever leaves his/her station, they must put mask back on and maintain 6 feet from any other athlete.
- When class is over, he/she will clean their equipment, put their mask on, wash hands, and exit the building.
We take safety very seriously and have obtained the approval of the Cohasset Board of Health. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2021 CrossFit SciCoh All Rights Reserved.