Welcome to our 30 minutes for 30 days challenge!
I want to quickly review both the goals and logistics of this challenge.
1. Create a necessary habit – The absolute #1 goal of this challenge is for you to create a habit of focusing on yourself at least a half hour every single day.
It’s easy to prioritize everything and everyone else over yourself, but as they say on planes…”put your own mask on first and then help someone else.”
At the end of the day, prioritizing yourself will enable you to be better at everything else and for a longer time.
2. Enable you to move better in everyday life – Our workouts will involve what we call functional movements. Sitting and standing (Squats). Picking things up (Deadlifts). Putting things over our head (Presses).
The reason for this is I want things like that to become easier. I want it to be no problem for you to walk up stairs, sit on the ground and stand up, do yard work, and even run the bases.
The cherry on top – they’ll make you better at athletic endeavors too. I’ll stroke Cliff’s ego for a bit, but his hitting power has certainly increased since we’ve worked together the last year and a half.
3. Fun – Fitness should be fun. Honestly, even above science, it’s the most important factor to results and consistency.
If you enjoy it, you’ll do it more. Plain and simple.
I hope this challenge shows you that working out can be fun…especially when doing it with buddies.
I’m designing this for you to do anywhere without any kind of equipment.
BUT, it’ll be super helpful if you can get your hands on a dumbbell or something that has some weight to it. Even 20ish lbs is fine.
If you don’t have a dumbbell, then think about paint cans, a gas can or water jug filled with water, empty propane tanks, or other things around the house you can move that has some kind of weight.
In some workouts, I’ll ask you to be creative like finding something to step up to, but we will worry about that then.
We’ve divided you guys into 2 teams – Team JD and Team Mike.
1. Every night at 7PM, I’ll post a workout, stretching routine, recovery workout, or mental/rest day reset for you to complete the next day.
You can find the daily workout via this link: https://crossfitscicoh.com/category/snug/
*Note: I’ll include instructions or videos of how to perform the movements and alter (we call it “scale”) them for eany kind of injuries or limitations
2. The next day, SIMPLY DO THE WORKOUT AND THEN COMMENT “COMPLETED” IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THAT WORKOUT TO EARN YOUR POINT FOR THAT DAY.
Sunday night, I’ll post your first workout at 7PM. On Monday, do the workout, and when you are done, comment completed in the comments section of the my Sunday post containing Monday’s workout.
3. Each Monday, I’ll award 1 point to each person for all the “Completed” comments I see from them from the week before.
4. I’ll then post the standings for the week and for overall.
Our workouts will follow the same schedule each week.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday – Workouts
Thursday – Active Recovery & Stretching
Saturday – Activity & Stretching with optional workout
Sunday – Rest day
On our workout days, I will give you a warmup, description of the workout, how to alter it for injuries/limitations, and demos of the movements.
Active recovery Tuesday will give you a stretching routine and then ask you to choose a low intensity exercise to do to help your body drive blood through the system and recover.
Saturdays will have a stretching routine and ask you to either do an activity you enjoy (ride a bike, play pickle, etc.) or you are welcome to do an optional workout provided.
Sundays are about rest. Move if you want but I don’t want it to be with any kind of intensity. We must allow our bodies to rest and recover!
1. I play a sport or do other workout some days, can that count?
For 1 time a week yes. In essence, I want you doing 3 of our workouts because they are specifically geared towards enabling you to move better. For that 4th workout, as long as you are moving with intensity for a half hour, count it.
2. Can I switch days around?
Sure. I’ll only be posting one day at a time, but you know on Sundays there is an activity option and Sundays are rest, so if you want to move those around feel free. Example: you do your activity Friday and Friday’s workout on Saturday. Great.
3. I felt some pain in a movement.
Let me know immediately. Either we need to correct your form or change to a different movement.
4. I’m not sure how to do some of these movements.
My goal is to include links, videos, and descriptions, but please ask if confused.
That should be everything you need to get started. Let’s do this snuggers!
– Mike and JD